In the hours before AMD officially unveils its next generation Ryzen 7000 series “Zen 4” processors, X670 + X670 motherboards and more, we’re hearing more details about AMD’s flagship Ryzen 9 7950X processor… and boy what a flagship CPU it is.
SEE GALLERY – 5 IMAGES
AMD’s new Ryzen 9 7950X processor boasts 16 cores and 32 threads that we recently heard will have an “F-max” frequency of 5.85 GHz, which is impressive. The new Ryzen 9 7950X features two Durango CCs with 16 codenamed cores “persephone“.
TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) is using its new 5nm process node to build AMD’s new Ryzen 9 7950X processor, along with the rest of the Ryzen 7000 series “Zen 4” processors, and the leak posted on the Chinese social networking site Weibo that this shows “will not be the top container.”
However, 5.85 GHz is impressive… and would also be the highest clock speed that TMSC’s new 5nm process node has been tuned for. Very good to see from AMD and TSMC. Interestingly, we also see that the leak says that the new Ryzen 9 7950X has two “Durango” CCDs, each with 8 cores (16 cores total) with the 16 CPU cores codenamed “persephone“.
The leaker points out that this season’s battle (AMD with its Ryzen 9 7950X and Intel with its Core i9-13900K) will be 5.85 GHz vs. 5.8 GHz (AMD with 5.85 GHz in the 7950X and Intel with 5.8GHz on the 13900K). It is also noted that the Ryzen 9 7950X sample that Venom has “will not be the top container.” Alright then.
AMD will fully unveil its next-gen Ryzen 7000 series “Zen 4” CPU family, along with new X670E + X670 motherboards and all the details, specs, and benchmarks we need on August 29…just a few minutes away. hours away, friends.
Expected features of the AMD Ryzen 7000 series ‘Zen 4’ CPU:
- Up to 16 Zen 4 cores and 32 threads
- Performance increase of more than 15% in single threaded applications
- New Zen 4 CPU cores (IPC/architectural improvements)
- New TSMC 5nm process node with 6nm IOD
- 25% performance improvement per watt vs. Zen 3
- >35% overall performance improvement vs. Zen 3
- 8-10% instruction per clock (IPC) improvement vs. Zen 3
- AM5 platform support with LGA1718 socket
- New motherboards X670E, X670, B650E, B650
- Dual channel DDR5 memory support
- Up to native DDR5-5600 speeds (JEDEC)
- 28 PCIe lanes (exclusive of CPU)
- 105-120 W TDP (upper limit range ~170 W)
AMD Ryzen 7000 Series “Zen 4” CPU Price:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (100-100000514/WOF) – $1158 / $1140 CAD ($892 U.S)
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X (100-100000589/WOF) – $798 / $777 CAD ($608 U.S)
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (100-100000591/WOF) – $631 / $613 CAD ($480 U.S)
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X (100-100000593/WOF) – $435/ $423 CAD ($330 U.S)