On August 26, the Destiny 2 community waited with bated breath as Bungie released one of the most popular raids in the game. The King’s Fall raid revolves around the Guardians making their way to Castle Oryx in an attempt to take it down.
However, before reaching the Taken King, the Guardians will have to fight a multitude of smaller but powerful bosses. The Golgoroth encounter in Destiny 2 is one of them. Since this raid will remain in the game for Season of Plunder, here is a quick guide on how to complete the Golgoroth encounter.
Completing the Golgoroth encounter in Destiny 2 King’s Fall Raid
Interestingly, this is one of the most difficult encounters in the Raid. Also, this encounter features some really fascinating mechanics that are only seen in this encounter and nowhere else.
Before we jump into the guide, here are a few tips for Guardians to keep in mind:
- There are a total of seven orbs in the room. Shooting the central orb triggers the fight.
- Shooting the other six orbs drops a pool of light. Guardians standing in these pools of light will deal additional damage to Golgoroth.
For weapons, Guardians need to make sure they have enough DPS to deal enough damage to Golgoroth during boss damage phases in Destiny 2. With that out of the way, here’s the guide.
As mentioned above, the Guardians will have to shoot the orb in the center to start the boss fight. Once activated, a Guardian will have to shoot Golgoroth in the back, after which the ugly Hive Ogre will set his sights on them. The large yellow sack on Golgoroth’s back is the target a Guardian will need to shoot at to receive the Golgoroth’s Gaze debuff. With the Gaze debuff on a Guardian, Golgoroth will expose his stomach, revealing a weak spot. Shooting this spot will allow the remaining Guardians to damage Golgoroth without too much difficulty.
To deal additional damage to Golgoroth, Guardians will need to fire one of the orbs on the side, which drops a pool of light. Guardians standing in these pools of light will gain bonus damage. For clarity, Golgoroth’s Gaze is nothing more than a debuff that focuses Golgoroth’s damaging beams on them.
Additionally, this debuff can be transferred from one Guardian to another. The Guardian who shoots Golgoroth in the back will receive the Gaze debuff. Guardians will have to repeat this process until Golgoroth is finally defeated and all six orbs are depleted.
Tips to Remember When Entering the Golgoroth Encounter in Destiny 2 King’s Fall Raid
- The Gaze debuff has a 20 second timer. Once this timer expires, anyone on the ground in the arena dies.
- During contest mode, a random Guardian will receive the Supercharged with Light buff while standing in a pool of light. This perk also comes with a timer. At the end of that time, the Guardian with the buff should ideally stand near Golgoroth because they will explode. While this can damage Golgoroth in Destiny 2, it could kill other Guardians.
- There is a tablet in the back of the arena with some runes on it. Every time a Guardian dies, a rune appears on this tablet. Once all six runes appear, all equipment is cleared.
While this encounter sounds pretty simple in theory, it’s far from easy in reality. Guardians will need to bring some serious firepower if they want to keep this fight short in Destiny 2.