Now that remote work is becoming a new paradigm of what it means to work, online communications have skyrocketed in popularity and business. Among such apps, Zoom has become one of the most popular options to connect with your teammates and stakeholders. It’s also quite popular for things outside of business; think about talking to friends or family, organizing your club activities, etc.
And if you’re an Outlook user, you can add Zoom to your account and use all of its features, right from your email account. Let’s see how.
How to add Zoom to your Outlook account
Adding Zoom to your account is a simple process that requires little effort. All you have to do is add a plugin and you’re good to go. This is how you can start:
- Start the Outlook desktop client.
- Click on the Proceedings tab.
- Click on Information and then click Manage add-ons.
- In the Add-ins for Outlook window, search Extend for Outlook and select Add.
The Zoom plugin will be installed. Now, when you return to your Outlook account before you can run the Zoom plugin, you’ll need to create a calendar event first. Enter all the calendar details and then click the switch next to your Zoom app.
Add Zoom to Outlook Web
You can also add Zoom add to your Outlook web account. That is how:
- Head over to AppSource and grab the Zoom Add-in for Outlook from there.
- Click on Get it now and enter your Microsoft account details.
- You will access your Outlook account. From there, click Addand the Zoom plugin will download.
- Head over to the Calendar option to start using your Zoom on Outlook web. There, select schedule a new meeting, and while you’re at it, click More options.
- In the next window, click zoom. Then click Add a Zoom meeting.
In the new dialog, click Allow to show a new window from Zoom. You will need to sign in to your Zoom account now. Enter the username and password, and click Log in.
As soon as you do this, a new Zoom link with a meeting ID and access code will be created and added to your Outlook meeting. Click on Save moneyand your event will be saved for the future.
If you also want to edit, view, or delete your Outlook settings, head over to the Outlook web calendar again and click on the three dots.
You can make changes to your Zoom meeting by reviewing the meeting ID, security, video, or audio settings. Then if you click Advanced Options, you will see other options to make changes. When you are done with your changes, click To updateand your settings will be updated.
If you click Removeyou can delete the Zoom meeting immediately.
Add Zoom to your Outlook account
By adding Zoom to your Outlook account, you can schedule your Zoom meetings right from your account and also make changes to your meeting settings right from the Outlook app. Microsoft is big on cross-compatibility, so this is just one of many solutions.
For example, on the one hand, you can connect Zoom with Microsoft Teams, while on the other hand, Microsoft also allows you to connect Outlook with Google Calendar.