Destiny 2 has released the Season of Plunder, giving players new content with a pirate theme.
Season of Plunder focuses on shipboard combat, treasure hunting, and learning about legendary pirates through new weekly Pirate Hideouts quests.
The goal is to track down one of the legendary pirate captains and steal his loot. A relic is rewarded after the pirate captain and his crew are defeated, but it’s not as simple as it sounds.
The quest line for Season of Plunder will be completed before players can unlock the Pirate Hideout quests in Destiny 2
Unlocking the Pirate Hideout quests in Destiny 2 will take a bit of time as it requires the questline for Season of Plunder to be completed first.
The questline starts as soon as players launch Season of Plunder, so it’s not something they can easily miss. They just have to follow the targets on the screen. After updating the star map, pirate hideouts will be accessible.
Pirate Hideouts are weekly quests that can be started through the HELM slot, found in the Destinations menu. As the Season of Plunder progresses, players can expect more Pirate Hideouts to be raided.
How to beat Pirate Hideout: The Brute quest in Destiny 2 Season of Plunder
The first Pirate Hideout quest added to Destiny 2 is a Brute known as Val’aug. Each week you’ll see a different pirate defending his own hideout, but the premise and process for completing the mission will be the same.
Here’s how to complete Pirate Hideout: The Brute quest:
- Load into the mission and follow the marker that leads to the Pirate Hideout.
- The front is guarded by pretty easy enemies, so take them down and go inside.
- Landmarks will prevent players from getting lost and must be followed to find the captain.
- A lot more guards will be waiting inside, but they shouldn’t be difficult to handle either.
- Defeat the group and the gate guardian will appear with a group of bodyguards.
- Take them down and pick up the explosive dropped by the gatekeeper. Expect something similar in future Pirate Hideout missions.
- Use the explosive on the door to open it and continue towards the Brute’s lair.
- Val’aug will be waiting there with members of his crew to protect her. She has three health phases, with each phase spawning waves of enemies against the player.
- Focus on taking her out to prevent more enemies from entering the fight.
- When it’s done, eliminate the remaining crew members.
- Head to the gold pile at the back of the Pirate Hideout.
- Pick up the relic at the bottom of the pile and the quest will be complete.
This is the base for the Pirate Hideout quests in Destiny 2 Season of Plunder. The Brute is the catalyst for these missions and may turn out to be the easiest to take down.
Players should expect future Pirate Hideout raids to work the same way. However, they are likely to provide a more difficult challenge.