Who wants to spend hundreds of hours hunting all 900 Korok Seeds in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Well, we’re sure a lot of people have already done this, including some of us, but, in case you’re struggling or find combing every inch of Hyrule a bit annoying or boring, there’s a neat little trick to use that good Failed to transfer item slots.
Gaming Reinvented has shared a method to use this known bug (IST) to get all 999 Korok Seeds within the first 10 minutes of the game. This method has been previously shown by YouTuber El Duende and speedrunner kinak.
To set it up:
- Start a new game (on any difficulty) and get to the point where you have the Sheikah slate and have left the Shrine of Resurrection.
- Don’t pick up clothes and instead head straight for a lumberjack axe.
- Save manually.
- Jump into the lake where the lily pad is to get a Korok seed. Let the game save automatically.
- Go to the title screen and change the difficulty.
- Load autosave and configure IST as usual.
- Drop an item.
- Go back to the title screen and reset the difficulty you were on.
- Reload the manual save, unequip the axe, then reload the same save file.
- Repeat twice.
- Load autosave, do not pause and do not open the menu; just run it until autosave is activated.
- Reload the manual save three times.
And, ta-dah! You should have 999 Korok Seeds. How to reduce 100 hours to 10 minutes? Simply reset the menu by selecting a new material or dropping a menu, and there you have it. It’s a bit tricky, to be sure, but another interesting way to open Breath of the Wild!
Watch the full video below above, and meLet us know what you think of this glitch in the comments, especially if you’ve thoroughly searched all Korok Seeds!